Be better understood and attract new clients
1 – New perspectives
I always start with an interview, because that helps your company the most. I interview the people you need to grow your business: your customers, referrers, investors and staff.
Through these recorded conversations I give you new insights about the values at the heart of your company – the sense of purpose that fuels you and your colleagues and wins over prospects and customers. Out of this I create:
2 – Your Themes Book
This is your at-a-glance-guide to why your business is here in the first place, with pointers on how to express that in a way that lands most powerfully with your target audiences. My clients call these insights ‘gems’, ‘gold’ or ‘nuggets’: the precious themes within your company story that will draw in new customers, but which you and your colleagues can’t see because they are part of who you are.
3 – Consistent and compelling communication
After that I work alongside your team to make sure that the themes we uncover underpin any content we create from now on. So the way in which your company talks and writes about itself will always be consistent with your sense of purpose, and leave a deeper impression on prospects, clients and referrers.
I can do this in a number of ways:
Support from the side lines, such as:
- creating a calendar of great ideas, which your customers will love and which saves your team time and money. They’ll have a clear route map for producing regular films, articles or podcasts. Which means your company stays uppermost in the minds of prospects and customers, who are watching, reading or listening to you.
- coaching and feedback for podcasts, vlogs and films: I draw on my broadcasting experience to turn you or your team into natural, engaging speakers. Your target audience will warm to you and your colleagues immediately, and remember your company long after they’ve left your website
- structures for live events that grab and keep your audience’s attention all the way through, just like a great radio or TV programme
Hands-on support, such as:
- writing key pages on your website, which must differentiate your company in the space of a few paragraphs
- interviewing staff or clients on camera, so they feel at ease and are at their best when they explain why your company matters. Then I turn these interviews into a series of compelling videos. (Yes, a series. Films are an investment and I make sure nothing goes to waste.)
- writing considered thought-leadership articles that prove to customers and investors that you are as innovative/good/ground-breaking as you say you are
How I work with you exactly, depends on your business priorities. Let’s put a date in the diary to have a chat and see how I can help.